The Vitamix is my lifeline and WELL worth the investment. I'll post Vitamix recipes fairly often for those who own one. I literally use it everyday. It has replaced most of my kitchen appliances, so I never really use my food processor to make peanut butter.
This recipe is for the Vitamix, however it can easily be done in the food processor with the same ingredient....peanuts! Nothing else is required unless you want to add a pinch of salt or some pb variations. That's right folks! NO preservatives. NO hydrogenated oil.
I love making peanut butter from scratch because I know it is fresh and what's in it. Remember those peanut butter recalls?! Too scary for me and my toddler! Don't forget the price of peanut butter has risen and will continue to do so. Making fresh PB at home is good for your wallet too!
- Peanuts (I like roasted for a deeper flavor)
- Optional: salt, honey, cocoa powder, or whatever you want to make different flavors. Get creative!
- Add peanuts to container (don't fill up less than 1/4)
- Securely attach lid and insert tamper
- Set settings to Variable 1
- Turn on
- Turn variable speed to 10
- Immediately flip switch to high
- Use tamper to push peanuts into the blade
- Keep doing so for 30 seconds to a minute (depending on how many peanuts you put in)
- Listen for your machine to "growl"
- Turn off machine and scoop out your warm, delicious peanut butter
I love to spread some on whole wheat toast, apples, or whatever looks good around my kitchen!
Tip: Peanut butter takes a little bit more work to clean, so I recommend making a chocolate banana peanut butter protein shake afterwards to use up any PB that may be on the blades.