|The chicken cooking on the grill......it smells so good guys!|
- 4-5 pounds of chicken thighs (You can use chicken breast but I think thighs are more wallet friendly and don't dry out like breast can)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or as us Islanders and Japanese call it: shoyu)
- 1/2 plus 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken in a medium size bowl. Mix well.
- Place chicken evenly in a deep dish
- Poke chicken with a fork to help marinade seep in
- Pour marinade over chicken to cover. If you have any extra marinade place in a bowl and refrigerate. You can use this to baste. Just make sure you don't use the marinade that already touched the raw chicken!
- Cover and put in refrigerator overnight or 24 hours, if possible
- Cook chicken on an outdoor grill
- Don't forget to Turn Turn your chicken often!
|Enjoy your taste of the islands!|