Did anyone else wake up freezing? It's definitely time to turn the heat on and get the humidifiers out.
I was playing around in the kitchen a little trying to make an oatmeal cobbler. Fail....ish. Instead of a cobbler it ended up being a tasty baked oatmeal that was a delicious. Sometimes our mistakes can create the yummiest outcomes.
I'm going to try to create a pumpkin version. If it turns out well, I'll post it for you guys!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 ince x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium sized bowl
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs, butter, and 3/4 cup sugar together
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in fruit
- Pour into baking pan
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Sprinkle pecans and 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly on top of the baked oatmeal
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and serve
This is a great dish to make the night ahead. It's great to eat with oatmeal or by itself for breakfast in the morning with a cup of hot coffee. I like to heat it up for 20 seconds in the microwave, but my husband liked it cold. He didn't even try to heat it up! I think it taste great heated with some vanilla yogurt.
I hope you guys enjoy this!