Warning: This is probably the most selfish blog post I have ever made. It is more of a plea to my husband for a Christmas gift. Pathetic? Maybe, but I don't care. I've wanted one of these suckers since high school. Let's be real. What woman doesn't want a Kitchen Aid Mixer? At least a woman who loves to bake. Can I get an Amen?! I figured I couldn't be the only one who dreams of a Kitchen Aid.
If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that this mama loves some home shopping television. I swear I'm a senior citizen at heart. I have the most basic of basic cables, which means the only channels I get are PBS, local news channels, a shit ton of Telemundo stations, and home shopping. Sometimes I just want some noise in the background, and I get sucked in. It hypnotizes me like a great late-night infomercial. Must. Have. Kitchen Aid. Mixer. See? I'm hypnotized.
The awesome deal QVC has today (and today only) is a 4.5-qt 10-speed mixer with a tilt head. A tilt head! Talk about making a great product even better. Wanna know what else they added? The new flex-edge beater that scrapes the sides of the bowls for you. Do you hear that hubby? I think I hear the angels singing.
The best part of all? You get a huge price break compared to purchasing from the Kitchen Aid website, reduced shipping and handling of only $9.97, and SIX monthly payments of $41.66! That means it ships to you immediately, and you have six months to pay the sweet sucker off. I mean you could pay the $250 up front if you really wanted to. If you were planning on giving this as a Christmas gift, you have until January 31, 2013 to return the item by the very small chance the recipient didn't like it.
|I personally love the silver.|
Here is a little breakdown of all the goodies:
- Tilt-head stand mixer
- 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl with handle
- Burnished flat beater for general mixing
- Wire whip for creams and meringues
- Dough hook for kneading thick doughs
- Flex Edge beater to scrape bowl sides
- Pouring shield makes adding ingredients easier and minimizes splatter
- Manual, including over 25 recipes
- Model: KitchenAid Ultra Plus
- 300W motor
- 10-speed control adjusts from a slow stir to a fast whip
- Electronic speed sensor maintains mixing speed as ingredients are added
- 67-point planetary mixing action
- Soft start feature helps cut down on splatter with gentle acceleration
- Bowl clamping plate holds bowl in place
- Bowl, pour shield, and Flex Edge beater are dishwasher-safe
- Handwash flat beater, dough hook and wire whip
Freaking awesome. Everyone knows Kitchen Aid has the best reputation for stand mixers. It is the sturdiest, long-lasting, and sexiest one on the market. Yes, I did say sexiest. Just look at it!
QVC has a range of exclusive colors such as: Gloss Cinnamon, Almond, Pistachio, Bayleaf, Blue Willow, and Copper Pearl.
I have to say *hint hint* my three favorite colors (in order) are:
- Silver - It would go with a changing decor. Let's face it..these machines last forever.
- Gloss Cinnamon - It's classic, sophisticated, and not as in-your-face as the red.
- Pistachio - It reminds me of a classic mint color of a classic car. Super fun.
If this machine interests you, head over to QVC and browse the KitchenAid 4.5qt. 300 Watt 10 Speed Tilt-head Stand Mixer. Make sure you place your order before midnight tonight (October 28, 2012) or else the deal is gone. Remember you have until January 31, 2013 to return it so what do you have to lose?
P.S. Hurricane Sandy better be gone by Thursday because I can't wait to go home to the 360ly. Better yet, she should head into the middle of the Atlantic. No one wants her anyways.