At the end of the day I love to drink green tea in my favorite mug.
There's something about Disney princesses that brings me to my happy place. There's something about anything Disney that brings pure joy.
Green tea reminds me of my rock, my Grammy. She always knows how to make me happy without even trying. When I drink my tea in my favorite mug I feel relaxed, calm, and blissful.
What do you like to do to wind down?
Friday, February 24, 2012
I get compliments on my skin almost daily. I would love to take the credit for it 75% of the year but I can't. I would be lying! I am a naturally tan, olive skinned girl. I'll admit that I have been given good genes. However, during the winter months in the NE I start to resemble a sickly version of myself. Without TanTowel I avoid hearing people ask me if I'm tired. Biggest pet peeve EVER! If you read my MyGlam post then you understand. When my face is tan, I can get away with wearing concealer and mascara alone. Some days this Glam Hungry Mom likes to keep it simple.
I was so afraid I would get a streaky or orange tan with TanTowel. I never tried tanning products until after I had my son, and I went through all the awful products. You know...the ones that make you look like Snooki. Not cute! I have never had streaks with TanTowel...ever. I also think it's easier, and much less messy, to apply than lotions or mousses.
I've been using the PLUS line and have had great results. There is the Plus and Classic line, as well as a light to medium and medium to dark line. Choose the one that is closest to your skin tone. You can always darken your skin with the Express Tan. I usually only use the Express Tan on my face because it is always lighter than my body. Am I the only one with this problem?!
Self tanning adds a little coverage over your skin to help conceal discoloration, redness, and make you look fab all around. Plus, it saves your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
Do you like to use self tanners?
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- 1 naan bread
- 1 tablespoon marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 3 slices tomato
- 3 thinly sliced mozzarella
- 3 or 4 basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil (to brush crust with)
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Mix marinara sauce and pesto together
- Spoon onto center of pita and spread with enough space for crust
- Add as much tomato, mozzarella, and basil as desired (I like to alternate them)
- Brush crust with extra virgin olive oil
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on a baking sheet until cheese melts and crust browns. (If you like a crispier crust feel free to bake on the rack)
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
1. Munchkin Diaper Baggies - There is absolutely nothing worse than having nowhere to dump an unexpected diaper change. During my walks around Capitol Lake I would have to change my son's diaper on a whim. These baggies kept the soiled diaper protected and (strangely) smelling fresh. I would just pop the diaper in my bag or stroller basket until I found a trash can.
2. Extra Clothes - This is seriously a no brainer. The one time I forgot spare clothes my son had a diaper explosion in a sushi restaurant. I had to carry him out wearing only a diaper and a blanket. Bad mom alert.
3. Wet Ones - I always pick up a pack from Target or my local drugstore when I run low. I use them to sanitize carts, restaurant tables, high chairs, toys after they drop, etc. Wet Ones are especially my God send during air travel. You better believe I wipe the seat, arm rests, both sides of the tray, the wall, and the window.
pacifier wipes are an absolute must. They are food safe so your child can put whatever they threw overboard back in the mouths after wiping it clean. I used them on toys, bottles, sippy cups, teethers, you name it!
5. Snacks - Pack some cheerios for the kids, and an apple or other snack for you. No one wants a grumpy, hungry mom or baby. While you're at it pack a bottle of water and an extra sippy cup/bottle in case you forgot your pacifier wipes.
6. Favorite (Portable) Toy - For my two year old it is his Thomas train or McQueen car. When he was one, his companion was a turtle. I assure you running errands will go much smoother.
7. Diapers and Wipes - I know, I know it's another "no-brainer". Stash some extras in your car too!
8. Boogie Wipes - I get it. These wipes look gimmicky. Up until my son was around 20 months he wouldn't let a tissue touch his nose. Boogie Wipes were the only way I could wipe the snot off of his nose. If your child lets you wipe his nose with a plain old tissue than more power to you. Tissues were too rough for my baby's delicate nose. I think the Boogie Wipes were even soothing his sore nose. They also have saline in them to help clear your baby's nasal passages.
iPad has been his coloring book, his library, flash cards, and media center. I have a few movies and television shows saved for long car rides and marathon errand runs. There are so many wonderful apps for children of all ages. I use my iPad to read my magazines, books, check in on social media, and as my "mommy moment." If an iPad is out of your price range, there are also some great apps on smartphones for kids. I'll make sure to post my favorite iPad apps for kids in a future post!
10. Camera - Kids are always doing adorable things. They also grow TOO fast. Make sure to always have a camera on hand to capture all those kodak moments. Remember: your kids will never be younger than they are now, so make sure to document their life along the way.
Thursday, February 16, 2012
If you know me then you know how obsessed I am with nude lipsticks. I love love love love my nudes. Did I mention I love them? I have been using Nars in "Honolulu Honey" for years. Don't get me wrong I still love it, but at $24 a pop it gets to be expensive. Not to mention the hassle to drive to the mall or order online.
Revlon makes a just as perfect lipstick with their ColorBurst collection in Soft Nude. This is the PERFECT nude for all skin tones. Not only is the color pure perfection, but it is creamy and glides on like silk. If you want a sexy and effortless pout in an instant then get this lipstick now. Even if you aren't a lipstick person I promise you won't be disappointed!
What are your favorite lip products? Are you a lipstick, gloss, or both kind of lady?
Monday, February 13, 2012
Call me crazy but I actually like winter. I love the snow and the crispness in the air, but I don't like how dry my skin gets.
I discovered argan oil during one of my QVC marathons a few months ago, and boy am I glad I did. Josie Maran's Organic Argan Oil is perfect for skin hydration. I realize it is called an oil, but it isn't oily in any sense. This one ingredient product gives your skin the moisture it needs without the expected and unwanted shine. I use it on my face by itself, a drop mixed in my moisturizer, on split ends, or cuticles. I also adore that it is 100% organic and in a recyclable glass bottle.
Argan oil is my every day go-to whether or not I put my face on. It has become one of my favorite beauty obsessions. What are your beauty obsessions?
Thursday, February 2, 2012
TOMS ballet flats are finally here! I know most of you ladies are already obsessed with the originals. I personally love them. Although I have to admit, I always wished a ballet flat was created for a more feminine look. The ballet flats are cute with a TOMS twist. They are a little more expensive than the classics with prices ranging from $74 for linen to $84 for leather. Still pretty darn affordable if you ask me!
What I admire about the company, as many of you already know, is for every shoe purchased by TOMS a pair of shoes is given to those in need. Socially responsible and fashionable? That is a company I can stand behind.
So go out, buy yourself a cute pair of TOMS, and actually feel good about it! No buyer's remorse with these babies!