Can you believe it’s already holiday season?! It’s time to get that turkey ready, deck the halls, and warm up with a delicious hot drink. We love drinking chai tea lattes. Spending money at the coffee shops all the time just isn’t an option. I like to make my chai tea latte recipe at home, loaded with milk, and sweetened naturally just how I like it.
Drinking milk is one of the simplest and easiest ways to make a choice that’s good for the future. According to Got Milk?, “milk remains the best way to get your daily bone-building dose of calcium. Doesn’t matter what form it’s in. Hot, cold, chocolate, smoothie-based or that extra bowl of cereal – they all deliver critical need calcium.”
Ready for the chai? Let me break it down for you step by step.
Steep the tea bags in hot water for five minutes. I generally have a hot pot, but this time I used a pot.
Warm milk in a pot for 3 minutes. Do not let it boil! Then, froth milk with an electric frother.
Don’t have a frother? Pour warm milk into a large mason jar, twist on the lid, and shake for 30 seconds. Voila, frothy milk!
Remove tea bags and pour tea into frothed milk.
Add honey and combine together.
Serve in a cute mug, top with cinnamon, and enjoy! Sometimes, we also like to top it with fresh grated nutmeg. So good!
- 1 cup water
- 4 chai tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup honey (can adjust to desired sweetness)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil then turn off heat. Alternatively, you can use water from a hot pot or kettle. Then, steep tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan, warm milk over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Stir often and do not let it boil! Once the milk is warmed up, froth milk with electric frother. If you do not own a frother you can pour milk into a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Combine tea with milk and stir in honey.
- Spoon into serving mug and sprinkle with cinnamon.
They say “what you say with a glass of milk lasts forever,” and this chai tea says “yum!”
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ‘Got Milk?’ through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about ‘Got Milk?’, all opinions are my own.