- 1 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 pitted medjool dates (you can substitute with agave or honey if you like)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract for vanilla flavored or 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder for chocolate flavored
- nut milk bag or cheesecloth
1. First and foremost: Soak your almonds overnight in a bowl of water. It helps bring your almonds back to life, plumps them up, makes it easier to blend, and helps your body digest all the great nutrients.
3. Pour 2 1/2 cups of water into blender, add dates (or sweetener of your choice) and cinnamon
4. If you want vanilla or chocolate flavored almond milk add the optional ingredients
5. Blend well
6. Place nut milk bag/cheesecloth in a bowl
7. Pour almond milk into the bowl lined with the nut milk bag/ cheesecloth
8. Slowly squeeze all the milk out until all that is left is the almond meal (Don’t throw it away! You can use it in pastries or other dishes!)
9. Pour yourself a fresh glass, add to a smoothie, your coffe, whatever you want!
10. Store the milk in an airtight container for 3-4 days (if it even lasts that long)