Warning: This is probably the most selfish blog post I have ever made. It is more of a plea to my husband for a Christmas gift. Pathetic? Maybe, but I don’t care. I’ve wanted one of these suckers since high school. Let’s be real. What woman doesn’t want a Kitchen Aid Mixer? At least a woman who loves to bake. Can I get an Amen?! I figured I couldn’t be the only one who dreams of a Kitchen Aid.
If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that this mama loves some home shopping television. I swear I’m a senior citizen at heart. I have the most basic of basic cables, which means the only channels I get are PBS, local news channels, a shit ton of Telemundo stations, and home shopping. Sometimes I just want some noise in the background, and I get sucked in. It hypnotizes me like a great late-night infomercial. Must. Have. Kitchen Aid. Mixer. See? I’m hypnotized.
The awesome deal QVC has today (and today only) is a 4.5-qt 10-speed mixer with a tilt head. A tilt head! Talk about making a great product even better. Wanna know what else they added? The new flex-edge beater that scrapes the sides of the bowls for you. Do you hear that hubby? I think I hear the angels singing.
The best part of all? You get a huge price break compared to purchasing from the Kitchen Aid website, reduced shipping and handling of only $9.97, and SIX monthly payments of $41.66! That means it ships to you immediately, and you have six months to pay the sweet sucker off. I mean you could pay the $250 up front if you really wanted to. If you were planning on giving this as a Christmas gift, you have until January 31, 2013 to return the item by the very small chance the recipient didn’t like it.
|I personally love the silver.|
Here is a little breakdown of all the goodies:
- Tilt-head stand mixer
- 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl with handle
- Burnished flat beater for general mixing
- Wire whip for creams and meringues
- Dough hook for kneading thick doughs
- Flex Edge beater to scrape bowl sides
- Pouring shield makes adding ingredients easier and minimizes splatter
- Manual, including over 25 recipes
- Model: KitchenAid Ultra Plus
- 300W motor
- 10-speed control adjusts from a slow stir to a fast whip
- Electronic speed sensor maintains mixing speed as ingredients are added
- 67-point planetary mixing action
- Soft start feature helps cut down on splatter with gentle acceleration
- Bowl clamping plate holds bowl in place
- Bowl, pour shield, and Flex Edge beater are dishwasher-safe
- Handwash flat beater, dough hook and wire whip
Freaking awesome. Everyone knows Kitchen Aid has the best reputation for stand mixers. It is the sturdiest, long-lasting, and sexiest one on the market. Yes, I did say sexiest. Just look at it!
QVC has a range of exclusive colors such as: Gloss Cinnamon, Almond, Pistachio, Bayleaf, Blue Willow, and Copper Pearl.
I have to say *hint hint* my three favorite colors (in order) are:
- Silver – It would go with a changing decor. Let’s face it..these machines last forever.
- Gloss Cinnamon – It’s classic, sophisticated, and not as in-your-face as the red.
- Pistachio – It reminds me of a classic mint color of a classic car. Super fun.