This week I joined the Me, Myself, and I Link Up Party! It will happen the third Tuesday of each month and feature 5 different questions for us to answer. I think this is such a fun way to let readers get to know more about the people behind the blogs. I’ll post a link to the party at the bottom of this post
1. What’s your biggest phobia?
I may sound like I’m five but, I hate clowns and mascots! I can not be near a clown or a mascot without freaking out. I don’t like not being able to see people’s faces. I don’t know if I blocked out a memory from childhood or what. Anytime I see a clown I think they’re the next John Wayne Gacy. When I was a kid my dad got me a clown for my birthday in 4th grade. Needless to say I was scared to death of some clown named “Dottie”, and my father and I have a nonexistent relationship. Not because of the clown, but it didn’t make things better. I really hope my son doesn’t want to go to the circus because I may have an anxiety attack
2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be?
The day my son, Damian, was born was hands down the best day of my life. Besides the fact that I had PUPPPS (google it) from torso to the soles of my feet for the last month of my pregnancy, I couldn’t have imagined a better birth experience. I had the absolute best nurses. “Knocked Up” was playing, and my labor mirrored that of the movie except I had a super peaceful labor. My doctor was out of town like in the movie, and I was pushing during the birth scene in the movie. The nurses, the doctor, my husband, and myself were cracking up between pushes. Yes, you read that right. Laughing. I really hope I’m lucky enough to have a similar experience with my future children. But, before you decide to hate on me from having such an easy labor you should know I have the worst stretch marks, and the PUPPPS lasted till my son was one month old. I would wake up bleeding from my stomach to my feet because I would scratch vigorusly in my sleep. It’s all worth it because my son is my whole world. I live and breathe for him.
|Fresh out of the oven|
3. If you could stay a certain age forever, what would it be and why?
I would love to have my 17-21 year old body back. Although the best part of being 19 was falling in love with my husband. To be honest, I would love to be 25 forever….with my pre-baby body. Hey a girl can dream, right?
|Can my legs be that small again? Me and my soulmate on our yearly cruises. We haven’t done them since I had Damian Can you believe we met on a cruise and instantly bonded? I am so lucky to have met her.|
4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
The other day someone came up to me and asked if I was “the girl on tv”. I have no idea who they thought I was! Other than that, I don’t get mistaken for a celebrity. I have a different look and people will throw out the Kardashians (I totally do not look like them), Shay Mitchell from Pretty Little Liars, or Vanessa Minnillo. I don’t think I look like any of those ladies. What do you think?
5. What sounds are included in the soundtrack of your life?
- “A Star is Born” by Jay-Z (the song we listened to on the drive to the hospital)
- “Bittersweet Symphony” by The Verve
- “For The Love of a Daughter” by Demi Lovato (the lyrics mirror my life)
- “I Wonder” by Kelly Pickler (see comment above) that’s my little personal moment. Maybe I’ll delve more into the when I feel more comfortable. I’m so blessed to have had an amazing Grammy raise me. That’s all I’ll say for now.
- “Wasting Time” by Jack Johnson (It just brings good memories)
- “Still Searching” by Damian Marley (it was on repeat in college)
- “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana (for my high school years)
- “Sic Transit Gloria…Glory Fades” by Brand New (actually the entire Deja Entendu album was my high school soundtrack)
- “Shake It Out” by Florence and the Machine (let go of regrets)
- “Rock and Roll Queen” by The Subways (because who didn’t watch The O.C. religiously?)
- “Cannonball” by Damien Rice (this song just hits your soul)
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra (I’ve always had an obsession)
- “Let Me Love You” by Mario (the song my husband and I would unknowingly listen to and think of each other for years before we officially dated)
I can’t wait till the next one, and I hope more of you join in!
Till next time….