I don’t know if I’m a complete dud or what. I have tried almost every pumpkin spice “latte” (they’re really misto) recipes online. I haven’t found one with a flavor and texture that I truly love. I was playing around in the kitchen, and discovered I loved the flavor of the milk/cream part. I decided to make my failed latte experiments turn into a delicious creamer to add to my coffee. Let’s be honest with each other. Nothing tastes as amazeballs as Starbucks so why not take it in a similar direction? I’m talking a homemade pumpkin coffee creamer recipe. I personally hate the flavor of artificial sugars and ingredients. I can’t eat or drink sugar-free anything, including the chemical laden creamers of the powdered variety. Not to mention how horrible sugar-free goods are for your body and digestion. Before I was educated on the evils of sugar-free, I tried to make myself like it. I just couldn’t take the flavor or aftertaste. I love how this recipe gives me the hint of pumpkin I crave. If you want your pumpkin kicked-up-a-notch, serve it with your favorite pumpkin spice coffee and syrup. How perfect would this be to have in your mug while trick-or-treating with the little ones?!
- 1 cup milk of your choice or half-and-half if you’re feeling naughty
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients together in a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix)
- Pour desired amount of creamer into hot, freshly brewed coffee of choice
- Optional: sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top. You can add whipped cream to if you want to treat yourself.
If you prefer a more latte/misto experience you can warm the milk up in the microwave. That way you can add more pumpkin creamer without cooling off your coffee. For a more Starbucks flavor I suggest using espresso. Make sure to store what’s left of the creamer in an airtight container in your refrigerator.